Friday, March 23, 2007

30 minute frustration


Bloody long backing papers
"get in there you bitch"

I can only phantom the joy of seeing your prints "develop"
in the developing bath after overcoming a half hour of mega frustration
trying to load my roll film onto the developing reel.
It started when I removed the roll in the dark, and suddenly
I couldn't tell which was head and tail. The harder bit was
telling which was film and which was backing paper. I thought
what I was feeling felt utterly weird; unfilm like texture...but the piece
of backing material was so long, I was going..shit that's gotta be the film.
So I spent 2o mins trying to load the stupid backing into the reel..which is virtually
impossible. Until I decided to scavange through the whole
role did I come accross something that felt more like film. Loading
took 5 minutes from then. Joy.
Now, onto developing.

No comments: